Within the ever expanding I.T industry it is beneficial to know what services best suit your business model & why they suit your business model.
When presented with the options available for your companies E-mail protocols the utilization and integration of Microsoft Exchange & IMAP protocols are likely to be the two you choose between. This article covers the benefits of of choosing Microsoft Exchange over IMAP with weloveIT.
- Response Time – Turnaround time when requesting a new email account can be completed immediately as we have a team available to assist with setup on Exchange.
- Audit Trails & Logs – In the event of any E-mail loss, Exchange is designed to make the investigation & recovery of those emails simple with audit trails.
- Redundancy – Potential E-mail loss due to machine failure is not an issue with Exchange as the actual Email file and contact folders are synchronized and stored on a secure server.
- Collaboration – Calendar events, reminders & general task allocations are synchronized across devices. Exchange also supports native integration with Microsoft products.
- Offline Caching – When a user is unable to establish a connection to the internet , Exchange allows for offline caching so the user can continue working & once connection is established again all changes and E-mails will be sent.
- Exchange is beneficial to those working in a team environment and require collaborative tools such as shared contacts and calendars, shared file storage, use many other Microsoft products.
- Organisations who want full control of the email server.
- Organisations who want to known that their E-mails are safe and secure with full audit trails on request.
- Response time – Turnaround time when requesting new email accounts are dependent on the person responsible for your domain. Their availability can severely reduce the time it takes to complete the registration.
- Audit Trails & Logs – In the event of any E-mail loss, IMAP is unable to assist with the investigation or recovery of those missing E-mails as there is no Logging or Audit trails on the accounts.
- Redundancy – Potential E-mail loss due to machine failure can be an issue with IMAP accounts as the E-mails are stored on the local machine without appropriate configuration.
- Collaboration – IMAP does not support such calendar synchronization.
- Offline Caching – When a user is unable to establish a connection to the internet , IMAP doesn’t offer any caching functionality, meaning your E-mails are not accessible.
- IMAP protocols are cheap as there is no licensing required.
- Synchronization protocols can be configured however there is room for error if not configured properly.