Setup – One Drive
Getting OneDrive Setup:
If your new to OneDrive this setup guide will get you from start to set up in a few minutes.
The first step in getting OneDrive is getting an account:
Note; If you already have a @outlook.com, @hotmail.com or @live.com*email address, or an Xbox Live or Skype account, you already have a Microsoft account, and you can use that info to sign in.
Let’s get started with getting you an account:
- We need to get you to onedrive.live.com.
- Click on Sign up for free TAB.
- Next step is to click on the Create a Microsoft account TAB.
- Next Step is to create your email address and password.
- Here you will click on Get new email address.
- You can create your email address using you first and last name.
- Or you can create a unique one.
- For this guide, I will create mine base on a move Title 🙂
- Next step is creating your password.
- Please make your password something that you will remember but at the same time secure.
- Please DO NOT USE A COMMONLY USED PASSWORD.
- To complete your account setup.
- Mircosoft needs you to confirm that your not a Robot.
Now we are ready to login into our newly created Mircosoft OneDrive account YES 🙂
- After clicking Next you will be redirected to your newly created OneDrive account.
- From this point, we can use OneDrive without having to sync it to our computer.
We are now going to sync OneDrive to our computer 🙂
- In the main top tab’s you will see the Desktop TAB.
- When you select it you will get the option to set up now.
- Once you select Set up now you will get the next pop up as seen in the below image:
- You will now click on Open Microsoft OneDrive.
- Now we need to complete the process of linking the App to our computer.
- The following step shows what we need to do to complete this.
- Your email address will already be in place and all you need do is click on Sign in.
- The next pop up window will need the password for your account, hope you remember it 😉
- The next few images we only need to click Next, but I would recommend you read what is to offer.
Your OneDrive folder is here:
Upgrade to Premium:
- The upgrade can always be done at a later time.
- For now, click on Not now.
Get to Know your OneDrive:
Share files and folders:
All of your files, ready and on-demand:
Get the Mobile App:
- This can be done later.
Your OneDrive is ready for you 😉
- From here you will be redirected to the newly created desktop folder.
OneDrive Desktop folder:
Well done, you have successfully created your OneDrive account and linked it to your desktop.